Pics of Frank Black's Yellow House in Vancouver!

Rate this topic

Guest tempusfugit

Guest tempusfugit

Just got back from a 9-day X-Files related trip to Vancouver and the Millennium house was on my list of things to see. I've been in love with that house since I was about 11 years old, and seeing it right in front of my eyes, well... I am short for words. It's so friggin' beautiful and it was still a light shade of yellow:

VancouverHaven06122.jpg

VancouverHaven06121.jpg

VancouverHaven06136.jpg

VancouverHaven06124.jpg

Maybe just a very eerie coincidence or a strange twist of fate... but there was even a red Jeep Cherokee parked right outside LOL:

VancouverHaven06123.jpg

I had just snapped some pictures from the street at first. Then this young guy came up to us as I was gawking at the house and asked what 9 of us were doing standing on this random street corner with cameras. I explained that we were fans from all over the world and that the house was a location used on TXF and Millennium and he responded with "I know. I live in that house."

So-- coolest part ever-- he invited us onto the property. I talked with his father, John, for a while about Chris Carter, the shows, the house and whatnot. And then he invited us all into the house (his wife even offered us dinner haha, but that's a lot of mouths to feed). They were so friendly and welcoming, and it made it that much more awesome to know that they are very proud of their house and love it. I was ecstatic to see that a lot of the old woodwork was still there and the staircase beside the front door was exactly the same. (I didn't take any pictures inside since they had a lot of family photos up on the walls and I didn't want to intrude too much) but I definitely took advantage when he told us to go wild on the front porch with the pictures:

VancouverHaven06129.jpg

VancouverHaven06134.jpg

Ooh and we were staying at the 2400 motel on Kingsway which was another common filming location and they had autographed pictures of Lance and Terry O'Quinn in the main office (among other things):

VancouverHaven06002.jpg

It was nice to know that even though it's been almost 10 years since the shows were filmed in Vancouver, their essence is still there.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Just got back from a 9-day X-Files related trip to Vancouver and the Millennium house was on my list of things to see. I've been in love with that house since I was about 11 years old, and seeing it right in front of my eyes, well... I am short for words. It's so friggin' beautiful and it was still a light shade of yellow:

Maybe just a very eerie coincidence or a strange twist of fate... but there was even a red Jeep Cherokee parked right outside LOL:

I had just snapped some pictures from the street at first. Then this young guy came up to us as I was gawking at the house and asked what 9 of us were doing standing on this random street corner with cameras. I explained that we were fans from all over the world and that the house was a location used on TXF and Millennium and he responded with "I know. I live in that house."

So-- coolest part ever-- he invited us onto the property. I talked with his father, John, for a while about Chris Carter, the shows, the house and whatnot. And then he invited us all into the house (his wife even offered us dinner haha, but that's a lot of mouths to feed). They were so friendly and welcoming, and it made it that much more awesome to know that they are very proud of their house and love it. I was ecstatic to see that a lot of the old woodwork was still there and the staircase beside the front door was exactly the same. (I didn't take any pictures inside since they had a lot of family photos up on the walls and I didn't want to intrude too much) but I definitely took advantage when he told us to go wild on the front porch with the pictures:

Ooh and we were staying at the 2400 motel on Kingsway which was another common filming location and they had autographed pictures of Lance and Terry O'Quinn in the main office (among other things):

It was nice to know that even though it's been almost 10 years since the shows were filmed in Vancouver, their essence is still there.

Wow, that would be such an incredible trip, and to be allowed onto the property and into the house would have given me goose bumps. I thought you were only joking about the Cherokee, but there it was in the pic. By the way, who is the good looking chick in the pictures? :makingeyes: Yeah, it is nice, not to mention a credit to the show and the people who worked on it, to see how stuff like the Ezekiel house still generate so much interest, and would feel almost like holy ground to walk on. Did you get that feeling? It's amazing that 10 years after its debut and 7 years after it ended, people are still coming to web sites like this, taking trips to filming locations, and the true fans still buying the DVDs. It just goes to show how truly special this show and the people who created it were.

Guest betweenthelines

I hope that family isn't keep any dead bodies in the basement... :D.

On a serious note, thanks for showing us the pictures. Sounds like you had a great time.

• Elders (Admins)

Wow! What a fantastic post and set of pictures! Congratulations on that amazing opportunity ! :notworthy:

Its so good to see the House again and to know that its in such good condition and being well looked after!

On behalf of Millennium fans everywhere, thank you for sharing these wonderful images and it goes without saying for being so respectable to the owners when you were there!

I'm going to pin this topic so that the pictures can be enjoyed for years to come.

Thanks again for sharing.

Graham

Guest Janset

Wow,your very lucky. I'm in love with this house myself and one of my dreams is to go to Vancouver to see the house too. I'm very suprised to see that the family who owns the house now is so kind. Wow !! Sorry to repeat the same thing again but your are very lucky. Thanks so much for the pics :notworthy:

Just one question,the house is it still yellow ? It seems more white than yellow in the pics.

Wow,your very lucky. I'm in love with this house myself and one of my dreams is to go to Vancouver to see the house too. I'm very suprised to see that the family who owns the house now is so kind. Wow !! Sorry to repeat the same thing again but your are very lucky. Thanks so much for the pics :notworthy:

Just one question,the house is it still yellow ? It seems more white than yellow in the pics.

Tempusfugit - thanks so much for sharing with us these wonderful pictures. As i was looking over them, i began to recall particular episodes which even made the trip down memory lane even that more wonderful. I do have one question for you. Were the owners surprised that you were there because of MillenniuM? I would think that over the years, it would grow tiresome to have people taking photos of your house all the time, so their wonderful hospitality seems to belie the fact that this does not occur on a regular basis. Again, thanks for the photos..

4th Horseman

Guest ein042

That is sooo awesome! Thank you! I wonder too how the family reacted. If they know about the show and what the house symbolized. It is reassuring that there's a wonderful family living there now!

Thanks again.

Guest tempusfugit

It was my pleasure to share the experience. After all, online fandom has only fueled my obsession over the years so I have you guys to thank. haha.

Actually, I forgot to mention in the original post (blame it on the jetlag) that the family living there have owned the house since 1990. :) Chris Carter had approached them to use the house in the X-Files episode Deep Throat. John (the owner) said that his wife worked as a flight attendant and had ran into Carter again a couple of years later on a flight. It was then that Carter brought up Millennium and using the yellow house for that as well. As Raven Wolf had pointed out in the other thread about the house, the original "yellow house" they used in the Pilot was ditched after the neighborhood complained about the filming, so that's why Carter went back to this house used in the XF Deep throat episode and used this for the rest of Millennium.

So that being said, the family knew quite a lot about the show, even joking about the bad rep of the basement. The house doesn't get as much buzz as it used to so they were a little shocked to see a group of fans like that... not to mention a group of fans from all over the world. They said they used to get a lot of people going onto the property to take pictures, but didn't mind so long as people asked. They are really proud of their house and it seemed like they understood how much it meant to me as well.

The house was definitely one of my favorite locations that we saw that week. I seriously stopped breathing for a while as we pulled up in front of it. And then I was so eager to get accross the street that I almost got run over. (Not by the red Jeep. heh) It was so surreal!!

And it is indeed still a light shade of yellow. I know it looks rather pale; the sun was really bright-- lucky us, a week of sun in Vancouver. :bigsmile: But the trims on the house are white so you can see the slight color difference.

And the loser in the pictures is none other than myself.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
It was my pleasure to share the experience. After all, online fandom has only fueled my obsession over the years so I have you guys to thank. haha.

Actually, I forgot to mention in the original post (blame it on the jetlag) that the family living there have owned the house since 1990. :) Chris Carter had approached them to use the house in the X-Files episode Deep Throat. John (the owner) said that his wife worked as a flight attendant and had ran into Carter again a couple of years later on a flight. It was then that Carter brought up Millennium and using the yellow house for that as well. As Raven Wolf had pointed out in the other thread about the house, the original "yellow house" they used in the Pilot was ditched after the neighborhood complained about the filming, so that's why Carter went back to this house used in the XF Deep throat episode and used this for the rest of Millennium.

So that being said, the family knew quite a lot about the show, even joking about the bad rep of the basement. The house doesn't get as much buzz as it used to so they were a little shocked to see a group of fans like that... not to mention a group of fans from all over the world. They said they used to get a lot of people going onto the property to take pictures, but didn't mind so long as people asked. They are really proud of their house and it seemed like they understood how much it meant to me as well.

The house was definitely one of my favorite locations that we saw that week. I seriously stopped breathing for a while as we pulled up in front of it. And then I was so eager to get accross the street that I almost got run over. (Not by the red Jeep. heh) It was so surreal!!

And it is indeed still a light shade of yellow. I know it looks rather pale; the sun was really bright-- lucky us, a week of sun in Vancouver. :bigsmile: But the trims on the house are white so you can see the slight color difference.

And the loser in the pictures is none other than myself.

Interesting, I never knew that they switched yellow houses after the pilot. It is a little surprising that the property owners don't get harassed more, but I guess most people have forgotten about Millennium and are more interested in visiting the sets of the newer shows. Oh, and I never knew that the house was used in "Deep Throat". Boy, Tempus, you are full of interesting information. Actually, "Deep Throat" was the very first X-files episode I ever saw, and the rest is history. I had seen the opening music and introduction to X-files, but dismissed it as a documentary type show about the paranormal. After "Deep Throat" I was transformed into a fanatic. It never entered my mind that the house used in the episode was the yellow MM house.