Orphan Black

Rate this topic

I wondered if anyone had been watching Orphan Black and noted the resonance it has with the Millennium "mood". For example:

It is based on a conspiracy

It has a strong central character and supporting cast

There is an especially gifted daughter

The story is based on secrets, split loyalties and betrayal

I have enjoyed watching it. You might too.

Not sure if this is the right place for this post. The Old Man can move it is not correct here.

Thanks

The Whisperer

I totally agree, this show is very good. I am having a problem getting it here in the US, all I have is episode one right now of season three. Kinda bumming me out, but I will conquer this problem and get them all eventually, some how and some way.

Yes, the central character is strong, played by Titiana Maslany. Here's the link to her bio on IMDb ~

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1137209/?ref_=tt_cl_t1

and if anyone want to check out the show, here's the link to it on IMDb ~

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2234222/

It appears it has been picked up for a 4th season in 2016...yee ha.

The show started airing in Canada in April, but for some reason the US has not picked it up. Sure hope I can find this present season. I so want to see it.

Yes, it is amazing how many characters Tatiana is portraying, and pulling it off. She's awesome.

I'm glad an old friend/acquaintance sci-fi geek and film music composer raved about Orphan Black on facebook, so I checked it out!

Quite happy with the show, really pulls you in from the get-go (another MM parallel is the clone thing done with Force Majeure and The Innocents/Exegesis...with clones committing suicide), Tatiana Maslany is such a great young talent, Orphan Black hopefully will propel her to greater things in her future career with the amazing work she's doing portraying all the different clones.

That said...didn't really like the season 2 finale reveal and the direction season 3 is taking

with military program of male clones, but it's ok. Just wish there was more story developed about our protagonist clones...