States sue Obama administration on immigration

Rate this topic

Earthnut

I rarely discuss politics, but things are getting seriously out of hand right now here in the U S. Never having been a fan of Obama, and not voting for him, I will be glad when he is finally out of office. His ObamaCare is not benefiting the public, and his supporters of it are now voicing regret. Plus, I don't believe he was voted in, I believe he was placed into office. Public votes no longer matter when the Electoral College can override them. Hope whoever replaces him does a better job, but sad to say I am not a fan of U S politics to begin with, and find it hard to trust any politician these days. This country is no longer by the people, and definitely not for the people.

America has always been seen as "the land of the free," "a melting pot," and immigrants have always been welcomed. But in the past they legally became an American, or at least filed the proper paperwork to legally be allowed in the country. My own ancestry is from other countries, on both sides of my family. So I am all for anyone having a chance to better their life and their family's.

Sad to say that even though we appear to be free, we aren't. We have more amenities and luxuries then most other countries, and we are literally laughed at because we are not free, even though we think we are, and the very few countries that still are free, see it, and laugh at our ignorance. I have a friend that lives in Guatemala, and states that he never felt more free in his life until he moved there. No, he doesn't have all the American" amenities and luxuries," but that's not what makes you free, and what is deceiving the American people, they think it is. Guatemala is a Republic, something I hope someday America will become, again, back on the gold standard, where the people benefit with our currency printed by the U S Treasury, and not the Federal Reserve Bank, a bank owned by bankers, the elite, and wealthy politicians, and the only ones profiting.

States sue Obama administration on immigration ~