My Idea for a Millennium Spin-off TV Show

Rate this topic

I just posted my ideas about this recently at the Facebook group, The Millennium Group, and much discussion ensued! It reminded me of the many good old days of discussions here at TIWWA. So here I am. I know I keep threatening that I might finally to come back to stay. Sorry I haven't become a regular again yet.

Anyway, I have over the years speculated/fantacised about ideas of Millennium and X-Files spin-offs.

When speculating about such things, I always try to think of ways that would make it sell-able, as though I were actually going to try to pitch it as an actual show idea. My idea is for Ten Thirteen Production alumni to produce a new show centred around Jordan Black, starring Brittany Tiplady or another actress - scored of course by Mark Show. My thinking is that in the past several years there've been a fair share of dark fantacy and sci fi shows centred around young female leads. I think a popular audience could definitely be found for a show following the life of Frank Black's daughter (That's my conceit, anyway).

The episodic plots and recurring arcs would not reveal that she was Jordan Black at first. Perhaps due to the various circumstances regarding the Millennium Group gone underground, Jordan had been placed years ago in a witness protection programme and living under an alias. The audience wouldn't be given this information until much later on... and the audience could slowly be fed memory sequences/flash backs gradually overtime and episodes (in JJ Abrams-esque fashion). They could keep her true identity a mystery as well as the circumstances that lead to her being put into witness protection until it is slowly revealed. Jordan's gift/curse - in the form of visions, powers, and "shepherding" would be the focus of the show from the start, leading to the weekly episodic situations she would get into... What you reckon?!

• Like 1

The link you sent will not work in the UK apparently. But if it is for Millennium Apocalypse, I have never actually watched it past the first episode. I just remember that it seemed a bit "emo-goth-new age" trying to be Millenniumistic. And the girl who played Jordan didn't seem very convincing to me, nor did she seem at all like what I would have envisioned Jordan to have grown up to be. That was years ago, though. Perhaps I will give it another go.

What did you think of my show idea? I think that the idea of Jordan being in a witness protection programme would also be a good element for the Millennium movie, if it ever happens.