Killers

Rate this topic

Instead of having a bunch of threads on different killers, or killers in a TV show, I thought we could maybe condense them into one.

This reminds me of Covenant ~

Florida Granddad Who Killed Family Had Also Fatally Shot Son Years Before 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P-npTox830&feature=youtube_gdata

• Elders (Moderators)

Good idea to have a single thread for these types of killings. The most notorious killers are people like Ted Bundy, and there's a lot of focus (and TV/movies/books) about them. But most violence happens within families and, in my view, there should be more focus on the situations and dynamics that end up in these sorts of awful situations.

I hadn't made a possible connection to Covenant, because I get the impression from news stories that this probably wasn't someone who didn't want those children growing up in an evil world. I get the impression that there was a lot of anger, possibly fuelled by drugs, possibly an incapability of coping with a number of children living a relatively small space. Or it could have been a reaction to his son's death, and seeing all those other children running around (and probably being noisy, as young children usually are), but his son's life was cut short because of him.

This will be a difficult crime for the investigation team to deal with, partly because there are children involved, and partly because it probably won't be possible to know for sure what the motive was.

• Elders (Moderators)

I watched a crime documentary last night, called Evil In-Law, which was two cases where a mother-in-law killed her daughter-in-law. It was a reminder that not all violence is committed by males. They were both the matriarchs of the family, and didn't like that their daughters-in-law had different views, especially with regard the grandchildren. In both those cases, the matriarch's son couldn't step up to the mark or, rather, couldn't cut the apron strings. Another possible motive (apart from the disobedience of the junior female) was that those matriarchs wanted the baby for themselves.

Although those kinds of cases are quite rare, it's quite chilling to realise the lengths that some people will go to get their own (narcissistc?) way.

The spirit family had so much tragedy, so much violence. one Son shot to death, the daughter raising the other kid when she was having babies left and right, the babies' father in jail or prison, the young mother in and out of jail, the grandfather a violent person, the surviving brother in and out of jail. I read the young mothers Facebook page Here's a young woman, talking about kicking ass , wanting her brother home from jail, feeling lost and in a rut... Her own father not liking her kids, .

Even though she'd had to call police on him in the past, she ends up moving in with her father because she has no where else to go. As bad as he is, she doesn't think he'd do what he did. Everyone writes off his behavior as trauma from the accidental shooting of his son.

Another case where the little ones fall through the cracks. She did, her brother did, her kids did, maybe even her father did.

I know that I'd not have wanted to be anywhere in that area around that family, and THAT is sad. Even the little ones, some of them, has started acting out with violence and bullying other kids. So sad. Mental illness, cycle of violence, drug use, and now murder and suicide.

Recently a 17 year old and her boyfriend killed her mother. She claims her mother wanted her to have an abortion. She was pregnant. However, she spent her mothers money, lied about her mothers whereabouts and was pawning her mothers stuff. She'd talked previously about killing her mother. Often.