• Millennium Group Patrons
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Joined 9 Years and 30 Days
  • Favorite Episode:Pilot
  • Favorite Character:Not selected
  • Favorite Season/s:All!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:00 AM

Millennium creator Chris Carter to receive Outstanding Television Writer Award at 2012 Austin Film Festival. (Getty Images / AFP, Max Nash).

This year's 19th Austin Film Festival and Conferance in Texas has chosen to honour Millennium and X-Files creator Chris Carter with the Outstanding Television Writer award.

Carterís participation during the Conference will include "A Conversation with Chris Carter," where he will share stories from his long career in television and film. Carter will also present special retrospective screenings of The X-Files and Millennium episodes and, as a guest programmer, will host a screening of one of his favorite films for Festival audiences.

Featuring four days of panels and workshops, and eight nights of films and parties, this years Austin Film Festival and Conference will take place in Austin, Texas from October 18th-25th, 2012. The Awards Luncheon will be held on Saturday October 20. The film festival shows movies at theaters throughout downtown Austin and the surrounding area (venues change each year). The conference panels take place at the Driskill Hotel & Intercontinental Stephen F. Austin hotel in the heart of downtown Austin. For more information, location details and scheduling please visit the Austin Film Festival website.

View the original article at millennium-thisiswhoweare.net

#2 Earthnut

Earthnut

'Millennium Group Old Man'

• TIWWA Honored Members
  • 4,669 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 9 Months and 1 Day
  • Favorite Episode:Anamnesis
  • Favorite Character:Frank Black
  • TIWWA Blackcoat:

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:23 AM

Awesome, wish I could go.

Posted Image

"Time is too slow for those who wait;
too swift for those who fear;
too long for  those who grieve;
too short for those who rejoice.
But for those who love, time is eternity."
(Jane Fellowes)

#3 I Made This

I Made This

'FBI Assistant Director'

• Millennium Group Initiates
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 3 Months and 25 Days
  • Favorite Season/s:1

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

Awesome, wish I could go.

So do I, but I gotta say, it's wonderful to see Chris receiving some recognition for his work. Here' s hoping executive at Fox are noticing. Might give them the incentive to do a new X Files movie and maybe bring back Millennium too, or possibly ask for new material.
"I Made This"-Analysis of the works of Chris Carter and Ten Thirteen Productions.

http://imadethischriscarter.blogspot.co.uk/

#4 Earthnut

Earthnut

'Millennium Group Old Man'

• TIWWA Honored Members
  • 4,669 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 9 Months and 1 Day
  • Favorite Episode:Anamnesis
  • TIWWA Blackcoat:

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:45 PM

Here's hoping Fox does something. It's still not to late to bring Frank back in a movie, and naturally, with Jordan. X-Files, I'm thinking people are somewhat burned out. There were 9 seasons and to the best of my knowledge 3 movies, Flight of the Future, I Want To Believe, and Revelations. And, from what I understand, the last movie didn't do well at the box office, but I could be mistaken.

Posted Image

"Time is too slow for those who wait;
too swift for those who fear;
too long for  those who grieve;
too short for those who rejoice.
But for those who love, time is eternity."
(Jane Fellowes)

#5 Libby

Libby

Elder (Staff Administrator)

• Elders (Staff Administrators)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts
  • Joined 11 Years, 9 Months and 11 Days

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

There's only been two XF movies, FtF and IWTB. There was a DVD called "Revelations" which had a selection of XF episodes on it - maybe that's what you're thinking of?

There's still a vigorous campaign ongoing for another XF movie. I think that has a better chance than a Millennium movie because the X-Files/Mulder/Scully are still so recognisable to the general public and more marketable. Though, having said that, I think Fox needs to do better than it did with IWTB. I know the reasons why IWTB was released in the summer, but it should really have been an autumn/winter release.
Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

#6 Libby

Libby

Elder (Staff Administrator)

• Elders (Staff Administrators)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts
  • Joined 11 Years, 9 Months and 11 Days

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:53 PM

Thinking more about this, if there ever were to be a MM movie (penned by CC) then I'd pre-order the DVD (I don't like going to the cinema); but if XF3 happens I'm not sure I'd bother.
Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett