Austin Film Fest and Conference Honour for Chris Carter

Rate this topic

TIWWA

• Elders (Moderators)
Millennium creator Chris Carter to receive Outstanding Television Writer Award at 2012 Austin Film Festival. (Getty Images / AFP, Max Nash).

This year's 19th Austin Film Festival and Conferance in Texas has chosen to honour Millennium and X-Files creator Chris Carter with the Outstanding Television Writer award.

Carter’s participation during the Conference will include "A Conversation with Chris Carter," where he will share stories from his long career in television and film. Carter will also present special retrospective screenings of The X-Files and Millennium episodes and, as a guest programmer, will host a screening of one of his favorite films for Festival audiences.

Featuring four days of panels and workshops, and eight nights of films and parties, this years Austin Film Festival and Conference will take place in Austin, Texas from October 18th-25th, 2012. The Awards Luncheon will be held on Saturday October 20. The film festival shows movies at theaters throughout downtown Austin and the surrounding area (venues change each year). The conference panels take place at the Driskill Hotel & Intercontinental Stephen F. Austin hotel in the heart of downtown Austin. For more information, location details and scheduling please visit the Austin Film Festival website.

8NtEwvmJ2Ug

View the original article at millennium-thisiswhoweare.net

Guest I Made This

Awesome, wish I could go.

So do I, but I gotta say, it's wonderful to see Chris receiving some recognition for his work. Here' s hoping executive at Fox are noticing. Might give them the incentive to do a new X Files movie and maybe bring back Millennium too, or possibly ask for new material.

Here's hoping Fox does something. It's still not to late to bring Frank back in a movie, and naturally, with Jordan. X-Files, I'm thinking people are somewhat burned out. There were 9 seasons and to the best of my knowledge 3 movies, Flight of the Future, I Want To Believe, and Revelations. And, from what I understand, the last movie didn't do well at the box office, but I could be mistaken.

• Elders (Moderators)

There's only been two XF movies, FtF and IWTB. There was a DVD called "Revelations" which had a selection of XF episodes on it - maybe that's what you're thinking of?

There's still a vigorous campaign ongoing for another XF movie. I think that has a better chance than a Millennium movie because the X-Files/Mulder/Scully are still so recognisable to the general public and more marketable. Though, having said that, I think Fox needs to do better than it did with IWTB. I know the reasons why IWTB was released in the summer, but it should really have been an autumn/winter release.

• Elders (Moderators)

Thinking more about this, if there ever were to be a MM movie (penned by CC) then I'd pre-order the DVD (I don't like going to the cinema); but if XF3 happens I'm not sure I'd bother.