FRANK BLACK RETURNS IN X FILES 2

Rate this topic

Hi all

Just in case anyone didn't catch my news in the LANCE IN MANCHESTER thread, thought I'd start a new one here.

Lance appeared at the Collectormania convention last weekend and took questions. I asked him how he felt about the resolution of his character in Millennium and with news of the X Files 2 film going into production, if there was a chance Frank Black might appear again on screen.

He said he felt shortchanged by the cancellation and that the show could have gone at least another season as they were dealing with "dark, dark stuff" and he would have been interested in seeing that played out.

As for the X Files movie... he said Chris Carter had asked him not to discuss it with fans if asked if Frank was in it... and from the grin on his face as he said "can you guess why?" it looks likely we will finally see Mr Noir on the big screen, even if it is as a supporting character in another film.

Who knows, if this reignites Carters star in Hollywood, we could have a Frank Black spin off sometime in the next few years.

This morning that news has also been posted to https://www.aintitcool.com/node/34836 by another attendee.

Guest ZeusFaber

Nice to hear you had a good time. Thread title is slightly premature though, since he didn't confirm that he would be appearing, or that it would be as Frank Black even if he did.

Guest Jim McLean
Nice to hear you had a good time. Thread title is slightly premature though, since he didn't confirm that he would be appearing, or that it would be as Frank Black even if he did.

Oh Zeusy, you constant killjoy. :wink:

That sounds very positive - I can't see why Lance would be leading anyone on here! I would take that as very, very awesome news. Even a cameo would be great. Damn, I wish I could have been there for Sunday's Q&A.

Edited by Jim McLean

Oh Zeusy, you constant killjoy. :wink:

That sounds very positive - I can't see why Lance would be leading anyone on here! I would take that as very, very awesome news. Even a cameo would be great. Damn, I wish I could have been there for Sunday's Q&A.

From Lance's grin and enthusiasm I don't think it was a fluff comment. It's obvious from previous interviews with him how precious the character was to him and Carter, and how much he wanted a proper resolution. Even if he is in it for 5 minutes, its better than nothing.

Lets hope his scenes don't end up on the editing room floor. I'm going to try and contact Lance's agent to arrange an interview after the photography on X FILES 2 finishes.

Guest ZeusFaber

I'm not saying he's leading anyone on or anything, just that his enigmatic smile may not necessarily mean what you think it means. Then again it might. But even if Lance Henriksen does appear in the movie, it doesn't necessarily mean it would be as Frank Black. It could be an unrelated cameo, like in Harsh Realm.

Whatever the case may be, it's still too soon to say "Frank Black returns in TXF2". If it doesn't happen, people could get disappointed.

Guest Jim McLean
I'm not saying he's leading anyone on or anything, just that his enigmatic smile may not necessarily mean what you think it means. Then again it might. But even if Lance Henriksen does appear in the movie, it doesn't necessarily mean it would be as Frank Black. It could be an unrelated cameo, like in Harsh Realm.

It's a fair point - though if I was to lay odds, given Lance's reaction and the question being pertinent to Frank, I would think its a Frank part. Again, as odds go, I don't think it will be big - I'd imagine its a small cameo - could even be that horrible sort of event that only ends up on the deleted scenes.

Whatever the case may be, it's still too soon to say "Frank Black returns in TXF2". If it doesn't happen, people could get disappointed.

Well then they need a life. ;) Seriously, I'd rather enjoy the hype for a no-go than miss out the anticipation, and I think this is definitely more positive than negative - though I can appreciate why some would want to wait if disappointment is something they fear.

Guest Jim McLean
Let's try being positive, and dare I say, UpBeat? heeheehee And then just enjoy whatever comes! :2handstransp:

DARE you? This is Millennium after all. Surely we should be depressed and preparing for the worst..

Well I was there for Sunday's quizzing and Lance certainly appeared to be giving an honest and considered answer, it didn't feel the least bit tongue in cheek or Benny-Hill to me. I'm gonna play all my aces that Frank may well appear in X-Files 2, Lance was glaringly austere in his assertion that Chris Carter had gagged him on this issue.

I'm making the same pudding as Ravenwolf on this one, barbarous enthusiasm, all eggs in one basket and a healthy dose of fingers crossed.

A bit of positivism never lead to anything more tragic that 'nevermind'.

Guest Jim McLean
Well I was there for Sunday's quizzing and Lance certainly appeared to be giving an honest and considered answer, it didn't feel the least bit tongue in cheek or Benny-Hill to me. I'm gonna play all my aces that Frank may well appear in X-Files 2, Lance was glaringly austere in his assertion that Chris Carter had gagged him on this issue.

Pity, I was there on the Saturday. I was unable to make both days. I would have very much liked to have seen the Q&A, but I did enjoy the photo shoot moment and brief encounter on the Saturday. So that made my day even if I couldn't make the weekend. Would have been nice to have met you!

I'm making the same pudding as Ravenwolf on this one, barbarous enthusiasm, all eggs in one basket and a healthy dose of fingers crossed.

A bit of positivism never lead to anything more tragic that 'nevermind'.

Same here. I'm all ready wondering how he could feature. Let's hope it isn't a true wrap to Frank's existence in the Carter universe! If you get what I mean... while the character lives, there is always a chance for more!